PATCHWORK BORDERSSUPPLY LIST
Half-Day Workshop with
Mary L. Hackett
600 Country Club Lane
Carterville, IL 62918-1629 USA
GOALS OF THIS CLASS:
Learn to design and prepare unique patchwork borders for your quilt that fit it perfectly. Using fabrics from your quilt, or related fabrics (even scraps), you will see how to extend the theme of your quilt out into the borders, painlessly and with a sense of fun! Time constraints may limit sewing, but be prepared to cut and pin your ideas as we go along. Demonstrations and slides.
Students who bring a quilt to show, will receive group input based on what we learn.
- Several sheets of paper (any kind) and a roll of adding machine tape
- Scotch-type tape for paper
- Scraps from your last quilting project, which can include but should not be limited to: unused 'chunks' of fabric, discarded blocks, strips or shapes of any kind, fat quarters if needed to fill out this mini-stash
- Neutral thread or thread to match your colors, and loaded bobbins
- Sewing machine in good working order (know how to use it, please!)
- Small personal-size rotary cutter and mat, 12-inch ruler
- 6-inch square lucite ruler
- Comfort stuff such as a chair cushion, personal light, extension cord, etc. (optional)
- Basic sewing kit, including pins, marking supplies, etc. You know the drill!
- Pencil and eraser, scissors for paper
- (optional) A small quilt top of any kind, for discussion of the Patchwork Border possibilities. This can be finished or unfinished; with your help, we can discuss how what we learn today can be applied to future projects.
Return to Workshop page